10 September 2019
Following major success with their preceding sales Tim Francis, Rick Warren and co. are delighted to return to Lingfield Park Racecourse on Sunday 29th September 2019 for their notorious, biannual public sale
There is a particularly plentiful pile of boxes and collections to be waded through, ranging as ever from cheap and cheerful ‘glory’ boxes to powerful Commonwealth and one country collections, with an excellent GB section.
A few highlights here include:
- 5 different ‘Rainbow’ Colour trials
- Strong mint QV including 1 1/2d rosy mauve, 2 1/2d rosy mauve pl 2 on blued paper and a £5 orange
- Some spectacular 1887 Jubilee misperforations and the very scarce Die Proof for the unissued Ed VII £5
- In a similar vein there is a group of 4 Ed VII ‘Paste up’ Essays, major rarities (and many years since they’ve handled one)
- A fine section of u/m 1912 Royal Cypher shades including 2 1/2d dull Prussian blue and 1/- deep bronze brown
- One of the scarcest GV Controls, the 1 1/2d ’18’ only (K omitted).
A reminder that the GB and Commonwealth single items sections, lots 562 to 1250, will have the additional facility of live on-line bidding via www.philasearch.com, with the usual option to bid at www.mpastamps.com before the sale, still very much in place.
*VIEWING WILL BE HELD AT STAMPEX STAND 21*
Find out more at: www.mpastamps.com
Get price lists, auction details and events delivered direct to your in-box… sign up to receive the free 'Buy & Sell Stamps' newsletters today!