11 September 2018
In this 'Tips of the Stamp Trade' video Andrew McGavin of Universal Philatelic Auctions explains how stamp approvals work and what the benefits are of this method of buying stamps.
Andrew explains how stamp approvals work and what the benefits are of this method of buying stamps.
In simple terms, stamp approvals work as follows:
- You inform the dealer of your stamp interests (country, theme, etc)
- A selection of relevant stamps are sent to you by post
- You select and keep the stamps you would like and return those you don't, together with payment
Benefits of stamp approvals include:
- You get the stamps you want, with no duplicates.
- You can check the quality and you know exactly what you are paying for.
Approvals are more suited to collectors just starting out, rather than those collectors who are seeking specific stamps.