04 June 2021
Improve your grasp of philately and you’ll soon improve your stamp collection, and gain much more satisfaction from the hobby. So what better way to test that knowledge than with our regular philatelic quiz…
As we often say around these parts, knowledge is power. Improve your grasp of philately and you’ll soon improve your collection, and gain much more satisfaction from the hobby to boot. So what better way to test that knowledge than with a quiz? Test yourself with the teasers here and challenge your collector colleagues…
Stamp Quiz # 4
- When was The Society For The Suppression Of Speculative Stamps formed?
- Why was the colour of the GB QEII 2d red-brown of 1955 altered to light red-brown?
- Which two of the four stamps in the GB 1955 Castles set have a stretch of water in the vignette scene?
- In which year was the first GB £1 postage stamps issued, and what was its colour?
- What were the two values and colours of the GB Festival of Britain stamps issued in May 1951?
- In which year was Sudan’s Arab Postman stamp first issued?
- Four portraits feature on the St Helena 10s postage stamp of 1934. Who are they?
- In which two years were the British Empire Exhibition postage stamps issued?
- The work of which British artist featured on the QEII 1967 1s 6d postage stamp?
- Which country issued an Art Deco carrier pigeon stamp in the 1930s?