This year’s British stamps have portrayed areas as far apart as classic British computer games and the much-loved soap opera Coronation Street; the Gothic Revival Palace of Westminster and the flamboyant rock band Queen; the UK’s brilliant pollinating bugs and the perennially inspiring Romantic poets.
About the prize
Royal Mail’s 64-page hardback publication contains every Special Stamp issued in 2020; that’s a total of 145 stamps with a face value of more than £160. The book includes a chapter for all fourteen stamp issues, written by an expert in their field. If you couldn’t keep up with the flurry of sets throughout the year, here’s your chance to add Star Trek, James Bond, VE Day and Rupert stamps – to name but a few – to your collection.
Five questions to answer…
Just answer the following questions, take the first letter of each answer to form a five-letter word…
- Which US sci-fi series was celebrated with a stamp set in November?
- Which Bond film featured on a 1st class stamp in March, with an image of 007 actor Timothy Dalton?
- The Queen stamp set, issued in July, featured the cover of which 1975 album on one of the 1st class stamps?
- Which game, based on Hasbro toys, featured on the £1.55 value of the Video Games set issued in January 2020?
- One of the £1.63 values on the ‘End of the Second World War’ miniature sheet featured a naval memorials located in which English city?