12 November 2020
Thousands of stamp and postal history collectors around the world have enjoyed three days of talks and Q&A sessions during the first Collectors' Conference here at the allaboutstamps.co.uk website.
The special online conference dedicated to collecting classic GB stamps took place on the popular www.allaboutstamps.co.uk website from 12 to 14 November, and all the content will be available on the website until 14 December.
Held in partnership with the Great Britain Philatelic Society (GBPS), the online event followed the success of the month-long Summer of Stamps, which attracted thousands of collectors from around the world.
What stamp content is available?
The three-day conference gave collectors the chance to learn more about British stamps with special talks, webinars and Q&A sessions. The online conference was the first of an ongoing series of ‘Collectors’ Conference’ events to be featured here on the allaboutstamps.co.uk website.
Be sure to watch recordings of the expert webinars…
- WEBINAR RECORDING: The Maltese Cross (Howard Hughes, GBPS)
- WEBINAR RECORDING: Stamp Booklets Explained (Ian Harvey, GBPS)
- WEBINAR RECORDING: Usage of King George VI Stamps (Maurice Buxton, GBPS)
Editor Matt Hill said:
‘I loved this first Collectors' Conference and am so grateful to the many philatelic experts who took the time to present a talk. I'm always amazed by the vast knowledge and comprehensive collections on show, and over the three days we've been treated to some fantastic presentations, on a range of subjects relating to British stamps.
'A huge thank you must go to the GBPS for their time and help, to Richard Morel of the British Library Philatelic Collections, and to our conference traders Dauwalders of Salisbury and Andrew G Lajer. We're already looking forward to our next online conference and would love to hear thoughts on possible subjects from website visitors and Stamp Collector readers.'
New one-page competition launched…
The Conference also saw the launch of a brand new one-page All About Stamps Competition, with the theme of GB Stamps. The Competition challenges collectors around the world to produce a one-page entry using British stamps, with the overall winner receiving the All About Stamps Medal.
- A range of expert stamp talks are still available to view - see the full Conference Schedule
- Add to your collection: Dauwalders of Salisbury: still buying and selling
- FREE e-book and 3 issues for 3p! Don't miss the conference special offers
- Add to your collection: Andrew G Lajer Philatelist… superb GB philatelic material
- Ten GB stamp guides to improve your knowledge