24 June 2013
Jersey Post pays tribute to Jersey-born actor Henry Cavill, star of Man of Steel, with a unique portfolio of philatelic products. ...
Jersey Post pays tribute to Jersey-born actor Henry Cavill, star of Man of Steel, with a unique portfolio of philatelic products. Innovative production techniques developed by Cartor Security Printing in France have produced a number of unique features, including a glow in the dark stamp and a granite stamp.
Henry Cavill plays Superman in the new film Man of Steel. Cavill was born on the island of Jersey in 1983, the fourth of five sons born to Marianne and Colin Cavill. He attended St Michael's Preparatory School in Jersey and made his acting debut was a school boy on the island.
Man of Steel stamps
Jersey Post has revealed details of a portfolio of Man of Steel products which comprises:
- A set of six mint stamps
- A lenticular miniature sheet
- A limited edition collector's pack
- Six mint sheet selvedges
- First day cover stamps
- First day cover lenticular miniature sheet
- Presentation pack stamps
- Presentation pack lenticular miniature sheet
The six Man of Steel stamps have special techniques as follows:
- Man of Steel stamp (45p) - an augmented reality app allows users to download bonus material
- Transparent stamp (55p) - featuring a dramatic mid-air image
- Foil stamp (60p) - printed on flat simili silver foiling
- Heat sensitive stamp (68p) - printed with thermochromic ink which when warmed reveals an image of the Earth
- Granite stamp (80p) - granite from Beauport Beach, Cavill's favourite place in Jersey - provides a rough finish
- Glow in the dark stamp (88p) - with a 'hidden message' visible only in darkness