15 July 2020
The Summer of Stamps virtual festival has attracted thousands of visitors to the allaboutstamps.co.uk website, with a growing library of videos, exhibits and guides being enjoyed by collectors around the world. And there's much more to come…
Launched on 9 July, the Summer of Stamps online event has attracted collectors from around the world and with the event set to run until 9 August, there's lots more to look forward to.
Many of the videos and exhibits will only be available for the duration of the festival, and highlights of the festival programme so far include:
- Official stamp launch: Jersey Post's 'Harry Vardon' golfing great stamps
- Video: GB 'Wilding' Queen Elizabeth II definitive issues 1952-1967 (Royal Philatelic Society London)
- Take a ride on Mail Rail, from The Postal Museum
- Video: Treasures of the Tapling Collection (British Library Philatelic Collections)
- The story behind the stamps - The Gentleman Album, including video interview with David Gentleman (supported by The Postal Museum)
- APS Stamp Chat: Charlene Blair of the National Museum of African Americans on Stamps (American Philatelic Society
- Philatelic Exhibitions, Chris King (Royal Philatelic Society London)
- The Francis Kiddle British Philatelic Congress Collection, courtesy of Maire Kiddle (Royal Philatelic Society London)
Running until 9 August, the festival has many more guides and events to come, including an exclusive (and free) screening of the stamp collecting documentary Freaks & Errors - find out more about the film screening here.