02 July 2020
Want to win a £30 amazon gift voucher, put together a mini collection, and go on a stamp world tour? Enter this special competition, your entry will be displayed right here and you could be winner!!
As part of the Summer of Stamps Virtual Festival, Stamp Active Network and the allaboutstamps.co.uk invite you to enter a special one-page competition with the theme of ‘Take a World Tour’… you could win a £30 amazon voucher!
This sunny, fun subject could include famous landmarks around the world, different modes of transport, holiday destinations, and much more. We might not be able to go on holiday right now, so this is a great way to explore the wider world and let stamps take us on a trip!
This could include famous landmarks around the world, different modes of transport, holiday destinations, and much more. We might not be able to go on holiday right now, so this is a great way to explore the wider world and let stamps take us on a trip!
What you need to do…
Put together a one-page stamp exhibit using stamps which take us on a world tour. Simple!
Your A4 page needs to have a title, captions explaining each stamp, or a short write-up – that's text that accompanies the stamps and tells a story. This can be handwritten or prepared using a computer.
How to enter
If you live in the UK, just send your page to the following address, by 31 July 2020 at the latest:
Take a World Tour Competition,
Stamp Active Network,
3 Longfellow Road,
Banbury, OX16 9LB
Include an A4 stamp-addressed envelope with your entry and you'll receive a Brilliant Britain activity book and a packet of stamps.
If you live outside the UK, then please scan your page and email it to: email@example.com by 31 July.
Unfortunately we cannot send an activity book or stamp packet to non-UK entrants.
The rules in full
- Young people up to the age of 14 (on 1 September 2020), are invited to create a one page mini-exhibit.
- Stamps, covers and other philatelic items can be used.
- The page must have a title, and either captions or a short write up that tells the story.
- Your full name and address (home or school) should be on the back of the page, and your age on 1 September 2020. Entries should be on good quality paper (A4) or a similar size album page.
- The entries can be either hand-written or prepared using a computer.
- Entries will only be returned if a stamp-addressed envelope is enclosed with the entry.
- Entrants who send an A4 stamp-addressed envelope with their entry will receive a Brilliant Britain activity book and a packet of stamps.
- There are three age groups – Up to 7; 8-10; 11-14; with prizes being awarded (for First and Second) in each age group, sponsored by All About Stamps and Stamp Active Network.
- Winners will receive vouchers to the value of £30 (1st) and £20 (2nd). The winner in each age group will also receive a free subscription to Stamp Collector magazine.
- The entries will be judged on knowledge of the subject, originality and presentation. Only one entry per person is allowed.
- All entries will be displayed on the allaboutstamps.co.uk website from 5 August, as part of the ‘Summer of Stamps’ Virtual Festival.
- The deadline for receiving entries is 31 July 2020.
- Winners will be announced in Stamp Collector magazine, on the Stamp Active www.stampactive.co.uk and allaboutstamps.co.uk websites.