22 July 2022
A new stamp from Monaco celebrates the friendship between two oceanographer sovereigns: Albert I and Carlos I of Portugal.
In Lisbon, from October 2022, the exhibition “The Oceanographer Friend. Albert I of Monaco and Portugal, 1873-1920” will pay tribute to the friendship between two oceanographer sovereigns, Prince Albert I and King Dom Carlos of Portugal. Organised in cooperation with the Maritime Museum of Lisbon, and with contributions from the Prince’s Palace of Monaco Archives, the Oceanographic Museum, and the Albert I Committee, the exhibition will showcase the voyages and campaigns undertaken by Prince Albert I in Portugal.
- Design and line-engraving: Pierre ALBUISSON
- Printing process: Steel-engraving and offset
- Size of the stamp: 40,85 x 30 mm horizontal
- Quantity of issue: 40 000 stamps
- Sheet of 10 stamps with illuminations