19 February 2021
Improve your grasp of philately and you’ll soon improve your stamp collection, and gain much more satisfaction from the hobby. So what better way to test that knowledge than with our regular philatelic quiz…
As we often say around these parts, knowledge is power. Improve your grasp of philately and you’ll soon improve your collection, and gain much more satisfaction from the hobby to boot. So what better way to test that knowledge than with a quiz? Test yourself with the teasers here and challenge your collector colleagues…
Stamp Quiz # 2
- What was the highest value in Queen Elizabeth II’s Coronation set of four?
- Name the goddess who featured on the 6d stamp of the UPU 75th Anniversary Set issued in 1949.
- A four-wheeled vehicle is seen on the GB 1946 Victory Set. What is it?
- What were the colours of the four stamps issued during the reign of King Edward VIII?
- Where is the value symbol positioned on the King George V UPU £1 stamp?
- In which year were postage stamps first issued in the Falkland Islands?
- In which year did New Zealand first issue airmail stamps?
- Which bird featured first on a postage stamp of New South Wales; and in which year?
- In which currency were the first De La Rue stamps of Cyprus issued?
- In which year were GB stamps first overprinted for the Provisional Government of Ireland?