08 July 2020
The Summer of Stamps virtual festival is here, bringing you expert videos, exhibits, articles and guides on a daily basis! Find out more about the first week of the programme and start planning your month of stamp celebrations!
The Summer of Stamps kicks off on 9 July and the programme for the first weekend is shown below. You can see the full Festival Programme right here.
Thursday, 9 July 2020
- Marketplace open from 9am
- Official stamp launch: Jersey Post's 'Harry Vardon' golfing great stamps
- Video: GB 'Wilding' Queen Elizabeth II definitive issues 1952-1967 (Royal Philatelic Society London)
- Exclusive Festival First Day Covers available to buy (Queen)
- Virtual goody bag available
- Exhibit: Golf on stamps
Friday, 10 July 2020
- Invited Display available to view - Great Britain Revenue Stamps Printed by Perkins Bacon, Frank Walton
- Spotlight on rock music on stamps: stamp guides and inspiration, plus inside John Lennon's childhood stamp album
- Video: National Anthems on stamps (British Library Philatelic Collections)
- Stamp Collector, August 2020 issue on sale
Saturday, 11 July 2020
- Take a ride on Mail Rail, from The Postal Museum
- Spotlight on Victorian stamps: stamp guides and inspiration
- Society Display: The RAF in France 1939-40
- Video: The Sun Never Sets On Mickey Mouse Walt Disney's Worldwide Empire
Sunday, 12 July 2020
- Video: Patrick Maselis 'A Philatelic Collection is a Fascinating Walk Through History'
- The Francis Kiddle British Philatelic Congress Collection, courtesy of Maire Kiddle (Royal Philatelic Society London)
- Trans-Mississippi Issue, with Casey Jo White
Keep updated and don't mis a thing!
Sign up to receive our email alerts to keep updated on the festival and receive regular collecting news, articles and offers.
…and don't forget the Festival Marketplace!