Stamp Collector June 2019
10 King George V stamps we’d love to own, add colour to your collection with early commemoratives, find out about the inspirational women who fought for their place in the postal service, plus guides on topics including theme parks and walking
On Sale: 10/05/2019
Why Not Subscribe?
Ensure you never miss an issue of your favourite magazine by taking out a great value subscription.
What's in this Issue?
Inside the June 2019 issue of Stamp Collector:
Ten King George V stamps we’d love to own
In this special feature, we take a look at a selection of stunning George V rarities which have sold at auction in recent years, providing the story behind the stamps and the reasons for their high value.
Low cost commemoratives
You can find plenty from the classics era that will not cost you a fortune, as our guide reveals.
How much should I pay for…
Our monthly price guide to a classic stamp examines the Newfoundland (Canada) 5c ‘Seal’ of 1868.
Paula Hammond celebrates some of the inspirational and ground-breaking women who used, abused, worked and fought for their place in the postal service.
Our regular examination of a classic stamp set and how to collect it (including catalogue values courtesy of Scott) details Belgium’s ambitious ‘Restoration of Orval Abbey’ stamps issued between 1928 and 1943.
- Collect by country guide to Denmark
- Postal history by county: Glamorganshire
- Thematics guides on topics including Disney theme parks, tea, and Victoria Falls
- More market insight, with auction updates, online prices, and more
- Previews of the latest stamps from Britain, Jersey, Guernsey and the Isle of Man
- Stamp story: Algeria’s independence on stamps