05 August 2021
We're excited to bring you details of our biggest one-page stamp competition yet, giving you the chance to win a Penny Black stamp, worth over £300, courtesy of Andrew Vaughan Philatelics.
Would you like to share your stamps AND have the chance of winning a high quality Penny Black stamp? Now you can with the latest All About Stamps Competition.
The competition challenges collectors around the world to produce a one-page entry using stamps or postal history, with the overall winner receiving the All About Stamps Medal and the 1840, 1d Black stamp, courtesy of Andrew Vaughan Philatelics.
Andrew Vaughan Philatelics offer a comprehensive stock of mint and used British stamps in all grades (specialising in fine quality) from 1840-1970. Find out more at the website: www.stampsgb.co.uk
What should I exhibit?
This is completely up to you, and we're leaving the theme open so you can submit any stamps you like on any subject you like.
The challenge is for your one-page (A4) display to tell a brief story using your stamps, explain a particular aspect of stamps, stamp collecting, production or design. In short, the judges will be looking for the following:
- A well told story or explanation of a topic
- A clear, accurate and engaging presentation
The competition is open to both stamp collectors and postal historians. Non-philatelic material (such as ephemera, documentation, tickets) is also permitted, provided there is a philatelic element to the entry.
How to enter
Put simply, you need to create a philatelic presentation on a single page (A4 or slightly larger to accommodate postal history items).
- All entries should be scanned or photographed at a resolution of at least 300 dpi (not sure? don't worry, just drop us an email and we'll be happy to help)
- Entry is FREE and Stamp Collector subscribers can enter twice if desired
- Email your entry as a PDF or JPG file to: [email protected] with the subject line: 'AAS Penny Black Competition Entry'
- All entries will be shared on the allaboutstamps.co.uk website (subject to approval), and highlights will also be published in the December 2021 issue of Stamp Collector magazine.
- The closing date for entries is 15 October 2021.
Every entry will be judged by an independent panel, with the winner receiving the All About Stamps Medal and the 1840, 1d Black stamp, courtesy of Andrew Vaughan Philatelics.
About the prize
You'll be in contention to win this 1d Black, Plate 2, DF. A very fine used four-margin example, worth around £300! You'll also get your hands on the coveted All About Stamps Trophy and your entry will be published online and in the December 2021 issue of Stamp Collector magazine.