23 January 2023
Guernsey Post has released new commemorative stamps to celebrate the centenary of The Rotary Club of Guernsey
The stamps, with an issue date of 15 February, depict some of the important work that has been carried out by the Rotary Club of Guernsey.
The 56p stamp shows Delancy Garden, transformed by the Rotary Club from a derelict area of Delancy Park into a sensory garden and picnic area.
- The 79p stamp depicts the Safferty Rotary Walk, which celebrates its 25th anniversary this year, and has so far raised more than £850,000 for local charities.
- The 87p stamp is a picture relating to Rotary’s Global End Polio Campaign, which is proudly supported by The Rotary Club of Guernsey.
- The £1.21 stamp shows the Japanese Pavilion, a much-loved local landmark that was restored with support from The Rotary Club of Guernsey.
- The £1.39 stamp is concerned with the ongoing Christmas Food Hampers programme to provide hampers for those in need in the Bailiwick of Guernsey, launched by The Rotary Club in 1938
- The £1.50 stamp relates to the Tree of Joy campaign to provide Christmas presents to children across Guernsey.