05 January 2020
See the schedule of Canada stamps set to be issued in 2020 in our quick guide
Highlights of Canada's stamp programme for 2020 are as follows:
- Canadians who contributed to the Allied victory will be honoured with stamps marking the 75th anniversary of V-E Day – the end of the Second World War in Europe;
- the history of radio in Canada;
- notable works by the Group of Seven in a seven-stamp set marking their 100th anniversary;
- an issue featuring two legends of Canadian ballet;
- the history, culture and contributions of Canada’s First Nations, Inuit and Métis;
- an issue of vintage travel posters (promising sunny skies, memorable sights and fascinating adventures);
- a five-stamp set on medical groundbreakers to honour the life-saving contributions of some of Canada’s most respected health care researchers;
- a stamp featuring an evocative work by First World War artist Mary Riter Hamilton.
These popular multi-year stamp series will make an encore appearance:
- Dahlias will be the pretty pick for this year’s annual Flowers stamps;
- breathtaking images of the Northwest Territories’ Carcajou Falls, Prince Edward Island’s French River and British Columbia’s Kootenay National Park, which celebrates its centennial in 2020, in the From Far and Wide series;
- the long-running Lunar New Year series will reach the tail end with the Year of the Rat;
- Black History Month will be commemorated in time for February celebrations;
- the Canada Post Community Foundation stamp issue will continue to support Canadian children and youth;
- Eid, Diwali and Hanukkah will return as part of a recurring series;
- our Christmas and holiday stamps will feature traditional scenes of the Nativity and the colourful folk art of Nova Scotia’s Maud Lewis.
Keep up to date with the latest new stamps in our NEW STAMPS pages.
Want stamp updates straight to your in-box? Sign up to the free allaboutstamps newsletter right now!