05 January 2020
See the schedule of USA's stamps set to be issued in 2020 in our quick guide
The United States' stamp programme for 2020 is as follows:
- Lunar New Year: Year of the Rat
- Made of Hearts
- Gwen Ifill - one of America’s most esteemed journalists
- Let’s Celebrate! A new stamp that adds fun to celebratory greeting cards, invitations and gift-bearing envelopes and packages.
- Wild Orchids - 10 new stamps in booklets of 20 and coils of 3,000 and 10,000.
- Arnold Palmer - this stamp honors champion golfer Arnold Palmer (1929–2016).
- Maine Statehood - celebrates the 200th anniversary of Maine statehood.
- Contemporary Boutonniere - a new Forever stamp similar in design to the new 2-ounce Garden Corsage stamp. It can be used for wedding RSVP cards and is also perfect for party invitations, thank-you notes, announcements, birthday cards, Father’s Day cards and other occasions when a beautiful stamp is fitting.
- Garden Corsage - a new 2-ounce stamp.
- Earth Day - coinciding with the 50th anniversary of Earth Day, the Postal Service issues a stamp featuring a playful painting of the planet, with small green lines surrounding Earth and hand-lettered text.
- American Gardens - ten different photographs of botanic, country estate and municipal gardens taken between 1996 and 2014.
- Voices of the Harlem Renaissance - four stylized pastel portraits of these literary figures: writer, philosopher, educator and arts advocate Alain Locke; novelist Nella Larsen; bibliophile and historian Arturo Alfonso Schomburg; and poet Anne Spencer.
- Enjoy the Great Outdoors - hand-sketched and painted designs depict five different scenes of outdoor activities — building a sand castle, hiking, cross-country skiing, canoeing and biking. Art director Derry Noyes designed the stamps with original art by Gregory Manchess.
- Hip Hop - the stamp art features photographs taken by Cade Martin that depict four elements of hip hop: MCing (rapping), b-boying (breakdancing), DJing and graffiti art.
- Fruits & Vegetables - ten different portraits of fruits and vegetables.
- Thank You - four new stamps in a booklet of 20.
- 19th Amendment: Women Vote - the Postal Service commemorates the centennial of the ratification of the 19th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, which guarantees women the right to vote.
- Mayflower in Plymouth Harbor
Keep up to date with the latest new stamps in our NEW STAMPS pages.
Content continues after advertisements
Want stamp updates straight to your in-box? Sign up to the free allaboutstamps newsletter right now!