01 July 2020
Stamp Active is a voluntary organisation which promotes stamp collecting for young people in the UK. We're delighted to be working with Stamp Active on the 'Take a World Tour!' competition for young collectors.
The Stamp Active Network is a vital part of the hobby and we're delighted to be working with the organisation on the following activities:
Special competition for young collectors
As part of the Summer of Stamps Virtual Festival, Stamp Active Network and the allaboutstamps.co.uk are inviting young collectors to enter a special one-page competition with the theme of ‘Take a World Tour’… with £30 amazon vouchers up for grabs for the winners! Find out more about the competition.
Be a donate-a-stamp hero!
Got spare stamps, mini-sheets, and covers in your collection? Join the #donateyourstamps campaign running as part of the Summer of Stamps festival, and help encourage youngsters to start collecting! Your stamps will be donated to Kidstamps (part of Stamp Active Network) and will be given to new collectors.
Stamp Active Network promotes a number of initiatives, including:
- THE STAMP ACTIVE COMPETITION, sponsored by the GBPS and THE BRITISH YOUTH STAMP CHAMPIONSHIPS, sponsored by Stanley Gibbons, for those interested in displaying their collections.
- STAMP ACTIVE is a resource programme for organisers of junior clubs with information and updates on the website. More information can also be found on the Club section of this website.
- STARTER PACKS, sponsored by Stanley Gibbons, for the organisers of new school and junior stamp clubs.
- KIDSTAMPS, a free postal club for young collectors between the ages of 5 and 19, providing stamps, activities and much more to make your hobby even more fun!
- WORKSHOPS for children interested in developing their competition entries.
- AWARDS for the young collector of the year and to organisers for outstanding service to youth philately.
- STAMPS IN SCHOOLS, sponsored by The Postal Museum, is an independent project run by Erene Grieve, which provides a fun-packed day of stamp collecting displays and activities for primary schools in the UK.
Find out more about Stamp Active Network at: www.stampactive.co.uk
With thanks to John Davies.